Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We supposed to move in to a property on 20th Dec 2018, but

Hi, we supposed to move in to a property on 20th Dec 2018, but we were not able to do so because of the state of the house, is a dump. The landlord is bat willing to do anything about that , so, we don't want to leave in these conditions. We want the money back.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing so far
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: Hemel Hempstead
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Since we've given notice to the previous tenancy, we don't have were to leave, at the moment we stay with some friends

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tomorrow will be the 14th day from the date weve signef the contract, so, we don't have time to send the letter to the agency.

Its 14 days from today if you note my advice.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is it possible to get the money back, we have not received the contract so we don't know if there is a clause that will stop us by getting the money back

Yes there is a possibility.

It would be a breach of contract so the contract ends. There does not need to be a clause.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you

Great. Can I assist with anything else today?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you

Great