How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17702
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a problem with my vehicle the manufacturer failed to

Customer Question

I have a problem with my vehicle the manufacturer failed to make me aware of a recall and the vehicle has developed a major problem that this recall would have avoided.
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I have not contacted anyone regarding legal advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None Phil manning
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

How much is the cost of repair?

Has there been a recall but you did not know?
Are you registered on the V5?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The repair costs is approximately 8000.00pounds I am the register owner yes there was a software up date
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nor for the moment I can type most out to explain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my 3rd year service at the main dealers 15000 miles on clock I ask them to check gearbox because the vehicle seemed sluggish they check it I have a copy of this on there service report they claim no fault found I explained it is more obvious when car has passengers they said if I had used they garage for my 4th service they had a directive to carry out the sofare procedure which would have adjusted the ctv belt to avoid it slipping.they have by letter confirmed the problem was caused by the belt they have offered to pay 25per cent towards the cost of repair. Nissan are giving a 100000 miles warranty on the gearbox in America please advise me Phil manning
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your helpfull advice
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Can I assist with anything further please?