Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have rarely a problem what I need help with Assistant:

Hi I have rarely a problem what I need help with
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in liverpool .I own taxi I rent it out to a taxi drive
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have too loads steps.what is the problem that the taxi insurance won't pay me out on my car what went missing last November and only the police's got over this drive to make the statement for the taxi insurance but it too me 4mths to get near this action with the insurance.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basicly the insurance won't pay me out on my car and I am still paying for this car still £147.amonth

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok

Why wont the insurance pay out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Basicly the guy who rented my on the taxi he as told the insurance loads lies. The monday 7 th November 2017 the window got smashed on my car week later the car went missing on the 15 /11/2017.went to the guys flat but key come the door with the car key then I went were the car was parked that morning their were no glass smashed.so that didn't had up.in my mind .so went to the police station made the statement . THEN IT TOOK 3MTHS TO GET HIM TO SIGN OR WRITE A STATEMENT FOR COLLINGWOOD INSURANCE. BUT HE DID IN THE END WHEN I WENT BACK to the police, then the insurance contacted me 3mths later TOOK so long to get to about what was going on they said the drive said I had a spare to this car but I bought it only had master key for that car, I gave insurance the company' name manger director number to contacted him .basicly the INSURANCE as yook thd drivers side on anc i am still paying for my car at £147.09.amonth.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Spare key
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As took the driver's side

ok. So you have not said the reason they won’t pay out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am saying basicly their taken is side because key as said to them .Mr jp Fitzpatrick as had another.now if read against the line what I am saying I am still pay ing for my car.and as I said to Collingwood insurance they still wouldn't believe what I am saying they turned around and said havnt u got business insurance over this car I no u carnt two insurance and with it been taxi insurance this company dissent like paying. As few radio company's in liverpool have told they would try everythink not to pay out I never missed payment John.

What is the value you want to claim?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
163;8450.00

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund from the insurance company within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can you see my response above ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They havnt sent me request form out to me .

Ok - but that is why you need to write if they refuse to pay

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
oh I see I need to write to Collingwood I insurance explaining what is owed to me because I was renting this car out at £100.00. A week that works £400 00 amonth x by 12months = 4800. So that was my earning A year on my car. And I would need also valuation on the car at the time how much it was worth. THEN do I say uses got 14days or I will proceed court ,Act off what paragraph in the law please I would say to then John.

Correct. It comes under contract which is common law. Therefore no Act exists.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
See with me not being insured on car and he was insuranced but owebed the they won't pay me out because I wasn't in insuranced he was I was the owner .off the car. Look at that point a few.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was the owner but he won't to have is own insurance to make is no claims.

Yes I realise that. That is why you need to sue your insurance co to get the money out of them.

Does that Clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
better to take one step as a time
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
First send the letter then see if they get back to me

Yes.

That is correct.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THEN see what happens

Ok - can I assist with anything else today?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just plays on my mind but I'll will sue them in a small CLAIM court