12826847

My car broke down in Liverpool while my son was using it. He

Customer Question

My car broke down in Liverpool while my son was using it. He had it towed to a repairer who said that he would replace the engine and gave a quote for the work. My some obtained an engine. The car has been with the repairer since August and he has given several weak excuses for not having started the work. I spoke to him two weeks before Christmas and he said that he needed another £200 for oil and plugs. He will not answer the calls from my son or myself (I am unfortunately in Rotherham and unable without a long journey to visit the garage). We need to know our legal rights before we/I make a personal visit to his site. This is a brief resume of the circumstances
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My son has spoken to the proprietor who said that he had staff shortages and had not started the work. I spoke to him and he said that he had a back-log of work and needed £200 extra (above his quote) for oil and spark plugs.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car has been in the garage since August.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to achieve ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A result

Meaning what for you?