Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I apologise I was mid way through my communication bbut lost

I apologise I was mid way through my communication bbut lost my connection momentarily. To summarise I am being intimidated by a defence lawyer by threats of using undisclosed third parties against me to discredit my character and thus undermine my case. I have been told that these will not be brought to the attention of the court but will be used against me - presumably to get me to reduce my current iffer to settle.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am in the uk. I am a lay litigant. I have complained to the defence solicitor repeatedly about their behaviour because i feel that it now constitutes harassment according to the 1997 Protection against harassment Act and I have found case law that supports harassment can be deemed to occur through legal correspondance. The ID of these 'third parties' not being disclosed to me makes me wonder if they even exist but surely the solicitors would ot lie about such a matter? To do so would be extremely serious surely?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have repeatedly asked and have complained to the court
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that this is a small claim worth about £500. The hearing is on January 24th. I have been informed that they will be sending further documents to the court (what I have no idea) and so far they have made several legal and factual errors.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What stage are proceedings?

Who are these third parties ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The court dateis january 24th, the court requested all statements to be provided by December 27th. I have complied with everything as requested. I have absolutely no idea who the third parties are that the defence is alluding to because they wont tell me. They have stated that they will nor present this character damaging 'evidence' to court but then have said that the evidence may become relevant in court. I have never made any kind of legal cliam in the past but this is what they are insiuating because they are trying to portray this as a 'pattern of behaviour'. They have an extremely weak case and this appears to be what they are resorting to.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been subjected to a barrage of aggressive correspondance from this solicitir but informed that if I intend to make a clime, this, and the third party allegations, are what I can expect. I don't believe the solicitors have an small claims experience and are more sued to litigation involving corporations rather than individuals and I get the impression they have never lafended against a lay litigant
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
apologies for typos, I need to go an get my glasses!

I think the letters are probably Normal. Have they filed and served any evidence by the deadline?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they have filed their witness statement- which is the defendents (their client), and no others. Beforehand I was told there would be three which was similarly baffling because there was noone present to witness the events in contention.In this their clients witness statement there is no mention of these third parties. Most of the bullying letters have been sent under 'without prejuduce'

Yes, I would not worry. It’s normal solicitor chess playing.

They can only raise issues which are contained in the defence and witness statements. None others.

They can only call those who have filed statements.

I really would not worry about all this, just concentrate on your hearing.

It’s normal solicitor guff.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** been causing me so much stress it's made me ill. The reassurance means I'll be able to sleep tonight!