Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have had French doors installed as part of a side run

We have had French doors installed as part of a side run extension. These have been in place for over a year. The build itself finished about a year ago. We fell out with the builder over the final bill but came to an agreement. We kept a retainer of approximately £2500. Before it was due to be paid we had a problem which the builder was very reluctant to deal with. This was only resolved by the intervention a contractor working for the builder. As a result we lost all faith in the builder. This problem was finally resolved in December. Shortly after in heavy rain water began to pour in from the top of the French doors. We have contacted the builder and he finally got in touch nearly ten days later. We have already had issues of damp to the ceiling adjacent to the top of the doors, but this is much worse. As a I said we have no faith in the builder and we do not want him to fix the problem. Would be justified in sacking him and using the retainer to get someone else?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Do you know the cost of getting someone else to fix?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been told £3000 - £4000 by a different builder

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.