Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My previous employer filed in the small claims court. We had

Customer Question

My previous employer filed in the small claims court. We had a court date for next week but he never presented his paper work or paid his fees. Once he had my bundle of documents he wrote to the court yesterday stating he had urgent work out of the country and asking for the hearing to be postponed. The court have dismissed the case today but can he refile now he has had access to my evidence I feel this would be unfair.
Assistant: Where is your employer? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Romford in essex
Assistant: What steps has your employer taken so far?
Customer: He filed the papers in the small claims court stating I had breached his contract of employment as I had taken clients with me to my new hair salon. Some did follow me but because he shut his salon down .
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

If the case is struck out, then the claim has ended?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.