Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by

Customer Question

Hi guys
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London harrow
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I am a virgin media customer since 2016
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We moved Addreses recently and requested our phone line to be installed on a new address With the old phone number
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Shall I start my question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a virgin media customer since 2016We moved houses and requested virgin media to change address and keep our same phone numberAn advisor told us that it will take 4 working days to transfer my number , I have 4 phone calls in the time frame of 5 weeks but always got told it will take another 4 days is required , but today after 2 months ( upon requesting to sort it today) I found out not only they can’t transfer my number they have actually disconnected my old phone number that I have had since 2016I want to sue the virgin media for thisCan you help me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My email is***@******.***
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How much are you seeking to claim?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They charged me 44 pounds each month since december 2016 i want it all back plus virgin media should appolgise publicaly
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i want my old phone number restored

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can i calculatr my lossses for loosing a phone number?

You need to put a figure for your losses.

But I would suggest keeping it at £10,000 or under to keep it as a small claim

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That i have had since 2006

Yes, I think you can not claim more than £10,000

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What help can you provide in claiming this amount and my question is ,is this a solid case or am i just wasting my time on this

I think you have a good claim.

You can leave it up to a Judge to decide value by saying that the Claimant expects not to recover more than £10,000

Does that assist?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi thank you for the assistance , do you recommend a no win no fee firm who can handle this claim on my behaf
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ooh ok i will rate the conversation no worries

I would suggest a public access Barrister who may be able to assist on a no win no fee.

I would recommend www.clerksroomdirect.com

Does that help?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.