,
97337639
is online now

I have just been to court to defend a ccj for a loan given

Hi, I have just been to court to defend a ccj for a loan given to me business from a person linked to my business partner but I believe the loan come from my business partner and they lied on their statements. I got annoyed in court and did not defend myself properly. The loan value was £10,000 and I received £5000 from my business partners own company and the other £5000 from his secretary! I said I would put up 10% shares of my shares as security if I didn’t pay it back. Our company is owed over £300,000 for work carried out in India but never received a penny and no attempts to contact the company in India is returned. In court my defence was that the £5000 the secretary gave me, the day before my business arrner transferred that amount into her account and she transferred it immediately to me. The secretary has said in her statements that it was from her life savings and that she had to move money from accounts before she could pay me. This is very clearly a lie. The reason my business partner gave me £5000 from his account is he claims he owed his secretary money and was in financial distress so she had lent him that Maloney and he was paying her back so it was quicker to pay me directly. This contradicts company accounts because in the year he suggests he was in financial distress he had put expenses of over £30,000 to the company and has been lodged with accounts at companies house. There is no evidence of this loan ever taking place only his say so. In court he said it was a bonus he paid her and I lost my temper. It totally contradicts what they have said in statements but I didn’t get them pints out to the judge as I was so angry. What I want to know is can I appeal against the ccj as the judge said it still stands. I did not receive the summons and knew nothing of the summons until too late but the judge said it was served correctly but I never got it and would have defended it if I did have received it? Don’t know what to do as I know the money has not come from his secretary
Assistant: Where is this? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Uk and it’s just a ccj against me
Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Ccj has been as I knew nothing about it I applied to get it set aside
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hello, thank you for the questionWhen was the hearing? More than 30 days ago? Did you ask for permission to appeal the judgment?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was Wednesday so 2 days ago and no I did not ask just wanted to get out of the room
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am just off to work in 10 minutes available Monday morning or anytime Wednesday if call is better?
You need to file N164 notice of appeal to ask for permission to appeal the judge and it costs £120 payable to HMCTS.The form is here :
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717749/n164-eng.pdfLet me know if you’d like help with the form or if you have other questions.If you could accept the answer and give me a rating in the meantime I’d be gratefulJim