How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 27066
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I am trying to complete a C1 form and the address on the

This answer was rated:

Hi I am trying to complete a C1 form and the address on the will is different to the address at which my father died. How do I word this on the C1? Also is it enough to attach a printed statement to the will stating that it is the will which is being referred to in the C1 form, if it is dated and signed by the executor?
Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a will. There is no property as my mother lives in a council flat and my father died in a care home. There are only a couple of bank accounts and an insurance policy
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

  1. My condolences for your loss. Could you briefly advise why your father passed away at a different address? Usually this might be because someone goes to hospital or hospice or care before they pass away which I imagine may be the reason in this case?
  2. Roughly how long did you father stay at the address at which he passed as opposed to the address in his will (his home address?)?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He was in a care home & had been there for 2 years.

Thank you. The address to include for your father would be his customary address prior to his passing. If for example he had lived at home but moved to a hospital or hospice shortly before his death, this would be his home address and you would write the place he passed in the "pace of death" box.

However where, as in this case, your father was customarily resident at a different address - the care home - on a permamnent basis, then you would write c/o [the care home] address as his address.

If he owned his own home, you would obviously still need to include this in his inventory of assets in the usual way.

Does the above answer all your questions? If it does, I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click a rating for my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

A pleasure. If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click a rating to rate my service to you today. I am very grateful to receive any feedback.

Joshua and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you