How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3052
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have been separated from my husband for three years he

This answer was rated:

I have been separated from my husband for three years he stil lives in the marital home and it is the only thing that ties us now but he cant really aford to live there how can i get him to sell?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Derbyshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is some dept an iva that finishes this year and a lone with the tsb
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

I'm just reviewing your question.

We can of course speak on the telephone but there is a charge for this service.

Does he oppose a sale?

Have you been through divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
been through divorce but it was one of those quickie ones and don’t think he will want to sell but it needs to be done as it’s making things difficult
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will just text I’m not working at the moment

OK, you can apply for a financial settlement from the court to include the sale of the house.

See here to start this process:

You should try mediation first though, to resolve the dispute. See here for a link to family mediation services:

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No mediation will not work will tsb take money that is owed from the house ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much will it cost?

If loans are secured on the property then this would be settled before any profits are divided between you normally.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can he object
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it better to have a solicitor

If you apply to court he can object but the judge is likely to order a sale.

You can use a solicitor but its not essential, you can represent yourself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I have no more questions I don’t wish to continue after the Severn day trial

A financial order application costs £255 to make.

Is there anything I can clarify?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you again

My pleasure.