How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5982
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Is this a free service please Assistant: JustAnswer requires

This answer was rated:

Is this a free service please
Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: We having issues with grandparents wanting visiting rights and also they say their son isn't being given his rights either.thwir son sees his daughter everyday after school we give grandparents an HR on sat and an HR on sun wkly but they want more and are saying they going to get solicitors involved.we don't know what the dad's rights or their rights are though
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wirral area
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have tried to reason with them but it's not working they never seam to be happy with what we offer
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have kept all the messages she has been sending us and she keeps putting stuff on social media if we don't do what she wants
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both baby parents are under 18 and both still in school
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there.where is the reply with advice

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

I'm just reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much peter

How old is the child?

How old are the parents?

Where does the child live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Baby is 8wks.parents are 14 and lives with mum and us her parents at our house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't afford the fee

Please ignore the phone call request, it's an automatic pop up!


There are no hard and fast rules about who is entitled to what level of contact.

It is about what is in the child's best interests.

The baby is very young still, so stability and routine are very important.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

Father should be able to have a meaningful relationship with his child, but obviously at his age this needs to be managed carefully and would most probably be supervised by an adult for now.

Mother will need a lot of support, I imagine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I care for baby when mum at school and do most night shifts.

Grandparents don't have the same rights as parents, but it may perhaps be appropriate to have father and his parents have a longer period of time together with the baby at the weekend, in time.

But stability and routine are key, and because of the parent's ages there are additional factors to consider of course.

I think the best advice is to be open and flexible to increasing contact, as long as it is consistent with the baby's needs.

It's a positive that everyone wants to be involved.

Are the father's parents contributing financially at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We help mum financially.dads parents have bought two tubs of baby milk a ok of nappies and three pjs of wipes during her 8 wks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mum only gets child benefit paid wkly at present
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bought all the stuff baby needs cot etc for ours but we asked for help and the just bought same stuff but for their house

OK. I expect dad's parents will have to contribute more over time.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you