,
97337639
is online now

My wife had a car accident. No other vehicle involved, car

My wife had a car accident. No other vehicle involved, car skidded and rolled over. Intention is to pay personally to replace car. As we are not intending to claim from insurance, and no third party or other damage, also no prosecution, Do we have to inform insurers?
Assistant: Where is your wife? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Geographically, at home in Lancashire
Assistant: What steps has your wife taken so far?
Customer: None - had check up at hospital ans discharged no injuries
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Want to avoid spiralling insurance costs
Hello, thank you for the question.If another party was involved then your policy will say you must inform your insurers. If not and you intend to do the repair yourself then it is entirely up to you whether you inform them or not. I presume there were no injuries - if not then no problem and you do not have to notify the insurers.I hope this helps, if you could please accept the answer and give me a rating I’d be gratefulHave a good dayJim
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No other party involved - is there any legal obligation for notification to insurers (for information only)
No legal obligation no - although double check the policy wording in case they say that any accident must be reported. Normally it’s only compulsory if a third party was involved though
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's fine then - thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Actually, before you go, the police attended the scene and did the usual legal check - do they the inform insurance companies of incidents?
No, they never inform insurance companies - if the insurers knew of the accident they may apply for the Police report but the police do not report it. They only attend to ensure no one is injured and to deal with accidents (move cars etc).Thanks
Any other queries let me know and grateful for a rating if you’d be so kindJim
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your help - rating to follow