How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3772
Type Your Law Question Here...
is online now

Economy Energy owe me a combined total of £394.20 having

This answer was rated:

Economy Energy owe me a combined total of £394.20 having only just sent me a final account although I left them on 6th November. How do I go about obtaining a refund.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Solihull, West Midlands
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I have only received the final account this week
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that comes to mind

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Economy Energy have gone out of business (see link:

As such, if you write to the company head office, you should get a reply from the liquidators to see if they can arrange the refund, assuming there are funds available. If not, you would be faced with having to apply to companies house to restore the company to the register and to then sue them. You cannot sue them now as the company is dissolved and ceases to exist. If you did restore it to the register, it is unknown if you would be successful suing them as if there are no assets left then there is no claim.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Jim1079 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you