,
97337639
is online now

Economy Energy owe me a combined total of £394.20 having

Economy Energy owe me a combined total of £394.20 having only just sent me a final account although I left them on 6th November. How do I go about obtaining a refund.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Solihull, West Midlands
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I have only received the final account this week
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that comes to mind

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Economy Energy have gone out of business (see link: http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1547215004&#result_.

As such, if you write to the company head office, you should get a reply from the liquidators to see if they can arrange the refund, assuming there are funds available. If not, you would be faced with having to apply to companies house to restore the company to the register and to then sue them. You cannot sue them now as the company is dissolved and ceases to exist. If you did restore it to the register, it is unknown if you would be successful suing them as if there are no assets left then there is no claim.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,

Jim