12826847

I have received a notice of intended prosecution for

I have received a notice of intended prosecution for exceeding the speed limit on a dual carriageway. I am accused of doing 88mph. I understand that the threshold for prosecution in a 70mph zone is 96mph. Have they made a mistake ?
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: This in the UK, Hampshire Constabulary. I have not consulted an attorney
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I don't know
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Sorry if I'm missing the point but why should they have made a mistake?

Were you speeding?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
INCLUDED WITH THE PROSECUTION NOTICE WAS AN INFORMATION LEAFLET DESCRIBING THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR BREAKING VARIOUS SPEED LIMITS E.G.DRIVER AWARENESS TRAINING OR CONDITIONAL OFFER OR PROSECUTION. Under the 70mph guideline , Conditional Offer of a fixed penalty seemed to be available between 87-95 mph. I was doing 88mph.

Yes, it is available but they haven't said they won't offer that yet.

They have just sent you a NIP and a S172 request.