,
97337639
is online now

Is there a way to gradually pay off a debt after the bailiff

Is there a way to gradually pay off a debt after the bailiff has come to your door, even though you had no idea whatsoever about the fine in the first place, while also trying to appeal against the fine?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Yes, if you ask them for details of the debt and for time to respond to it. If the bailiff refuses, ask for their complaints contact so that you can make a formal complaint about the bailiff. You do not need to let them in to your house either - I presume they are county court bailiffs and not high court enforcement officers. You need to find out details of the debt if it has gone to court, so if you know which area of the UK the fine was levied, you can ring the county court in that area and ask for details of the judgment. If you dispute the fine and have had no correspondence, you can apply to set the judgment aside although this costs £255 and there would be a hearing. You can ask to pay off the debt in installments and it would be a case of contacting the company who levied the fine to see if they will accept installments.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,

Jim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for this! It should help a lot.

No problems, if you can please accept the answer and give me a rating, I would be grateful

Have a good day