marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

My ex partner stopped paying maintenance/ child support when

My ex partner stopped paying maintenance/ child support when he gave his job up so he did not have to pay. That was ober 15years ago. He has now started working. Can i claim from him now for past years?
Assistant: What steps has your ex-partner taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I originally went through courts then csa when they took over. I do not know if he has filed any papers. My daughter is now 30 but for many years he would not pay towards anything.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Doncaster, I moved to Leeds with my daughter roughly about 24 years ago.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what else they need to know, but i am happy to give any information needed if i can.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Very sadly you cannot claim back dated child support as it is based on income at that time.

The CMS would not now be able to assess him.

Were you married? If so did you deal with the finances on separation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thankyou for replying to my question. My ex partner and I never married, so there was no need sort out any finances out. Thank you

I was just seeing if we had another avenue to explore.

Sadly in the circumstances you have no redress. I appreciate that will be very frustrating to say the least.

Marcus