Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I lenden someone money and the person doesn't want to give

Hi there. I lenden someone money and the person doesn't want to give back my money. I wonder what can i do about it. Thank you very much
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im in forest hill south east london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No step as he keeps on saying he will give back and he never does! He blocked my number and cant comunicate
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sum its over 3k

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you very much for your time . I will follow your instructions
Gabriela