Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been asked to attend Acton Police Station on

I have been asked to attend Acton Police Station on Wednesday. I have requested a duty solicitor, but have been advised to have my own solicitor. I have been accused of stealing personal property from a person's house, but the circumstances shows that I was not there during the period stated, even though the accuser will not tell me the date.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I am trying to gather all the paperwork that I can.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is how I know that I was not there. I work as bookeeping and accountancy for small business. I work for the accuser husband for about 13 years. He was in financial trouble and was not able to pay me over a period of about 3 years. Eventually I had to draw a line, and I have an email that I sent to him stating that the last time that I had been at the house was in June 2017, and had no other reason to be there.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need a solicitor to attend the interview with me
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Awaiting your phone call

A colleague accepted the call.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would love to have a solicitor with me to attend the interview, but Jamie-Law advised that the duty solicitor would suffice. I am attending on Wed. at 5pm - Acton police station

Yes, you can ask for a duty solicitor then.