leylashahin
leylashahin,
11825576

I own a house with my partner as joint tenants 50/50 however

I own a house with my partner as joint tenants 50/50 however i put the deposit down from my previous house of £120000 the house purchase price was £270000. Can i get a declaration of trust now to change this as its not fair if we split and he gets half of my deposit (he put no money in initially).
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: None, just wondered if it could be changed nearly 2 yrs on
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: Measham,De12
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hello yes absolutely. And it would be a very wise thing to do. You therefore need to go t a solicitors and sk to “sever” the joint tenancy to “tenants in common” together with a Trust Deed showing the unequal share. You will also need to make a Will to stipulate where your share of the property will go on the event of your death. I hope I have helped, please leave me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Could you give me a rough idea of prices?
Rough idea would be around £250 plus VAT.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Many thanks. Will get it sorted, should've done in the beginning but its easy to get swept along with things!