12826847

Can a baliff take control of goods that are already subject

Can a baliff take control of goods that are already subject to a control of goods agreament with a differant compamy
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Somerset, England
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: One company have listed items, but i am trying to pay them. A 2nd baliff has turned up at the house on a different matter, but as yet had access to the property.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had a baliff atend my house and list goods, i am trying to pay the amount i owe. A 2nd baliff has been to the house on another issue, but has not been given access to the property.

Have you reached an agreement with either of them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, i had been able to pay something off the 1st one but not enough to stop them coming back ( not done so yet). But the 2nd baliff will not entertain part payments.

Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

Bailiffs are entitled to do this. Unless you are able to negotiate an arrangement with them they are free to continue to chase.

That said, they cannot get access unless you let them in so cannot easily seize anything but the problem is that they will add fees although they can be subject to scrutiny of the courts.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can the 2nd baliff take goods that are already controlled by the 1st baliff.

I presume they are chasing the same debt?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Different debts, different baliff companys.

Thanks for the information

The second bailiff shouldn't do that if the goods are in walking possession as they are the property of the first bailiff now. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the second bailiff will accept that. They have been known to do things that they should not do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many Thanks