31090051

I am doing permitted development and am 5 weeks in to the

Hi I am doing permitted development and am 5 weeks in to the build and my neighbour came round to demand I take it down. He says he is in property and will do all he can to make me,
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Originally I had plans which were submitted and approved but now we are just doing building regs. Conservatory glass and light weight hard roof.
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Willaston Nantwich CW5 7HL
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think

What is his issue with your project?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He says the wall extension will block light to west but mainly he does not want to see the wall. We are North facing and he did his own development a few years ago when Permitted development started. His house is set further back - when he bought it he would have had 10foot of my wall 2 storeys high on that side. His build put him approx 2 foot ahead of mine. Now I am developing he will see a wall again.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It will be 4 meters out from the house and approx 6.25 meters wide with a lean to style roof
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He also claims it will devalue his house.

Those issues should be discussed with an RICS surveyor with the benefit of access to the site.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought permitted development was safe?

It is but notwithstanding the relaxations in the requirements for planning permission the common laws have to be adhered to and right to light is one of those. The Law Commission has been looking at right to light but at the moment the law is what it is and your neighbour has rights. A professional surveyor will have to advise the extent of these. Sorry I can’t take a call this evening as I’m not at my office.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you cancel the £43 charge then
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Permitted development as I understand it cannot be disputed?

Here is a document that will explain the situation: https://www.ricsfirms.com/media/1194/rics-consumer-guide-right-to-light.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you that is very helpful and I dont think he has a case.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As above please cancel the charge for a call.

You should not have been charged that until the call. I will check with customer services. In the meantime you should accept my answer to close the thread.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I logged out i cannot see any way to accept sorry

There is a star rating system on the screen.