How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12918
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a speeding offence and I returned the form they sent.

This answer was rated:

I have a speeding offence and I returned the form they sent. However have now been sent a Single Justice Procedural Notice saying they did not get the
Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Oops sorry pressed send before I was ready. Offence in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire issued the notice of identification. I did send this back but they didn't get it. I have 6 points on my licence and if I get points for these I could lose my licence. I live in a remote area and I am a single parent during the week and I need my car for work - I am self employed and work all over the UK and I need to take my kids to school etc.
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: They are giving me the option of going to court or I can plead guilty or not guilty on the form they've sent me.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will plead guilty for the traffic offence because they say they have video footage but I did return the form. So I do not want to plead guilty to that as I don't feel I am - my father actually posted it for me so I do have a witness but obviously he is not independent.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you have any evidence they sent it back?
They usually send the S.172 plus a reminder.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did get the reminder but it arrived the day after I sent my form back so I didn't send the second one back as I figured they had crossed in the post

Ok, did you keep a copy or anything?

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I have no proof other than my father posted it for me but he of course is not an independent witness

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.