Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I booked a cscs test on Friday for Tuesday realised wrong

Hi I booked a cscs test on Friday for Tuesday realised wrong test tried cancelling to get back money paid and told I couldn’t cancel or get money back
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ashford kent
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve phoned up people I booked with and spoke to manager
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s it ty

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did you book it online or over the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Online

Under Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you are entitled 14 days to cancel if you book at a distance, ie online or over the phone.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.