How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12916
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

What can i do if me and my mom are being harrased by my

This answer was rated:

What can i do if me and my mom are being harrased by my father in uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: My father is the citizen of Britain
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am really very afraid

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Has a complaint been made to the Police?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

You should.

Under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 is says:

1Prohibition of harassment.

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

[F1(1A)A person must not pursue a course of conduct —

(a)which involves harassment of two or more persons, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know involves harassment of those persons, and

(c)by which he intends to persuade any person (whether or not one of those mentioned above)—

(i)not to do something that he is entitled or required to do, or

(ii)to do something that he is not under any obligation to do.]

As such it is an offence.

So report it to the Police. They can issue a harassment warning to father.

If he breaches it then he can be prosecuted in Court.

That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Me and my mom doesn't have any main source of income. So i am afraid that what will happen if he leave us and we have to go back to nepal(small country in asia)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we get divorce and permanent residence of uk

Ok, I can't assist in terms of immigration.
I can assist in terms of criminal law and the harassment question.

You would need to post a new question in relation to divorce and immigration implications.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what if he beats us. Waht punishment will he receive?
This is my last question

He can be sent to prison.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For how long?

Depends on how serious the injuries are.

6 months

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.