Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been awarded £1154 using the ABTA arbitration Scheme.

I have been awarded £1154 using the ABTA arbitration Scheme. The periods for appeal by the Respondent have now lapsed and payment has still not been paid. A letter to the Respondent has been sent demanding payment within 10 days but this has been ignored.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None following the demand letter
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have confessed all!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can costs of Court and enforcement including bailiff charges be recovered?

Correct. They are added to the claim

Does that clarify?