How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12900
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A friend of mine introduced me a forex trader a few months

This answer was rated:

A friend of mine introduced me a forex trader a few months ago and after chatting with him I bank transferred him some money, this was in November and he said I would see a return by the end of the year, however it is the middle of February and I’ve only received £500 back
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He doesn’t answer my calls or texts

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What do you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it possible to get my initial investment back of £6,500?

But you knew it could go down as well as up?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but I was told the trading account was at 18k and that was the point I asked for my money back, this was at the end of 2018

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does it matter that we didn’t have a written agreement?


Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you

Can I assist with anything else today?