How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12900
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I've just had my windows fitted in my house, the terms and

This answer was rated:

I've just had my windows fitted in my house, the terms and conditions of the sale say that the installation shall be within 3 months of sale. It's taken just over 5 months and I'm not happy with the compensation they are offering. This is a violation of their own Ts and Cs
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have written up a table with all the information I have and sent it to them, but they are only offering £200 compensation when I'm paying £7500 for the windows
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No not yet I just wanted advice about what to do as they are asking me to accept the compensation
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the main brunt of it

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What has your loss been, apart from 2 months longer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is the information I gathered, along with the email from the company.

What has your loss been, apart from 2 months longer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Time off work

How many days?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
9 days

Are you saying you had loss of earnings?

Then the 9 days is your loss.

You need to write and set out your losses and request that loss within 14 days from the date the letter was sent in the post, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is stated in the terms and conditions that the installation will be completed within 3 months, it has now been 5 months so is that a violation of their own terms and conditions?