Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I cancelled a training course after 16 days whilst 14 days

I cancelled a training course after 16 days whilst 14 days cooling of period ,training school still wants £4700 payment .despite not taking the course ,can I get out of that or reduced pay?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the company is near Peterborough, I'm in stamford Lincolnshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive spoking with the company that handles the money side and they've taken it up with the training school but they want nothing other then payment
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what are the cost for advice
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How did you book and pay for the course, was it online or in person?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Ben
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Online

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Hi there, just need to check - you say it was after 16 days so were you outside of the cancellation period?