How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Miles Bentley Your Own Question
Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 667
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Miles Bentley is online now

Miles, many thanks for your time and response. Please can I

This answer was rated:

Hi Miles, many thanks for your time and response. Please can I ask, in the context of "Claim for losses", how do I prove my claims? They have asked for invoices for the items taken, which I have provided. Do I need to carry out a full on investigation? Do I need to provide conclusive evidence, that it was the locksmith that took my items? To what extent do I need to go exactly? Lastly, was it incorrect for me to go to small claims court? Was I supposed to county court instead? If so, do I need to cancel this claim and raise another one in county court? Thank you in advance, your help so far warrants the five stars, I am not sure whether providing the rating will close the conversation so I will do so upon your response. Thank you again.

Good Evening,

Please advise the Landlord that if they fail to deal with you request for compensation, you intend to instruct a local Housing Law Solicitors to pursue an action against the Landlord. You can also contact Shelter, they advise you for free!

You can show you losses by providing evidence such as receipts / photos of the items removed.

I wish you all the Best!

Miles Bentley and other Law Specialists are ready to help you