How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 27068
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I own shares in a Private Limited Company, fully paid up at

This answer was rated:

Hi, I own shares in a Private Limited Company, fully paid up at GBP1.00 each.
There is also a fully paid up Share Premium Account.
I'm now leaving the company and the other shareholder is not wanting to pay for the related value in the Share Premium Account, only the par value of the shares.
In my book (obviously) the shares command the declared value paid for them in the Share premium account.
Am I correct?

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

May I ask if the company is a going concern - i.e. a trading business or is it simply a holding company - i.e. holding assets?

Joshua and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Joshua,
It is a going concern