How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12900
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My health insurance provider is based in UK. I am a Canadian

This answer was rated:

My health insurance provider is based in UK. I am a Canadian expatriate in Philippines. They will not honor a claim for medical treatment in January 2019.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Philippines
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Submitted a claim for approximately GBP 15000
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

On what basis have they rejected?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they have rejected the surgery scheduling and the duration that i was admitted
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jamie, simple question: as a Canadian non-resident citizen can I file a civil case against the UK-based insurance provider?

Yes you can.

You can issue proceedings here.

Nothing wrong with that.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I understand. All good

Great. Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you