How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12900
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I any chance I can get advice regarding my tenancy

This answer was rated:

Hello, I any chance I can get advice regarding my tenancy agreement?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, I have new agreement for 1 year only and will ends by 22nd of Feb
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: SE25 6JE
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Letting agency is representing the landlord and they send to in beginning of January the 2 months notice seeking possesion with 22 of March as our move out date

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve signed 1 year tenancy agreement which will ends 22.02.19. In the beginning of January Landlord asked me if I want to stay longer and he want to invrease the rent. I say yes, I can stay for another year if he will do some repairs. In relation of this he sent me 2 months seeking possesion notice. I have found another property and I want to move out by date in agreement , it means 22.02.19 NOT 22.03.19. I don’t want to pay for another month. Can I move out by 22.02.19 and request for deposit back or I have to stay by 22.03.19 ?

Have you given ANY notice to move?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just by email


Customer: replied 6 months ago.

And that was giving your notice to quit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Did you ever withdraw it or change your mind?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Then it took effect from 22/1 and you can move out on 22/2

If they refuse to give your deposit back you can sue for it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days of the letter of claim, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1

and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That’s all, thank you!