Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a problem with vauxhall and need some help or

Hi I have a problem with vauxhall and need some help or guidance. At tha beginning of January my vehicle a 2016 minibus developed a fault so i took it to the main vauxhall dealership and 24hrs later they told me it was fixed 3hrs after picking it up it went into limp mode again so back to the dealership again and then they phoned to say it needed another part so I gave them the go ahead next day told it was ready went a d picked it up drive a 100miles and it breaks down again now there telling me it needs £6000 worth of work I am sure that the original fault was never dealt with properly and this has caused the major failures this minibus is only 2yrs old and is my business
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Nobody is helping me as I have no money to see a lawyer because I am unable to work with no vehicle (I take ppl to and from airports)
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just complained to vauxhall motors customer services but they arnt helping just say because there is no warranty nothing they can do
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that on the last invoice it says they found 3 faults on the injection wiring loom but hes fixed them but if it happens again it will need a new one

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Is it under warranty?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No

Then that is a problem for you. If it is out of warranty they are under no obligation to repair.

However, I will outline the process to seek for them to do so, in the event you want to try anyway.

You need to write and set out your losses and request they repair or a refund of the repair cost (£6000) within 14 days of the letter of claim, or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think I have a case
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also they damaged my vehicle on a previous repair and tried to bill me for a egr maifold but after I refused they shared the bill, when they contacted me this time they stated the injection wiring harness had been tampered with and it wasn't them but they have attempted to repair it but should it fail it will require a full harness,

If they damaged your vehicle then yes.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They denied touching the harness so not really as I cant prove it yet the vehicle ran better before it went in but there saying it's just requiring more faults so get it fixed, to me I think they have damaged it again as no one has tampered with the harness as there stating

You can get a report done by an engineer who can see if they touched it or were likely to.

Does that assist?