31090051

I just wondered if it was legal for a trust seed company to

Hi I just wondered if it was legal for a trust seed company to be able to take 3/4 of an inheritance I received after the passing of my mum.
Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: In edinburgh
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i have statements of each year and then a breakdown of what the £21.000 was taken off for
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that’s everything thank you

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If you are in a Trust Deed and receive an inheritance, the trustee is entitled to the funds to pay off your debts and expenses and then give you what is left over. If you have been given a breakdown, it seems that is what had happened and it is the law that is what happens. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you for your reply