How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12900
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Assistant: How can I help? Can you put me through to a legal

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can you put me through to a legal solicitor please
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ok
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a court order in my favour to a car dealership who messed me around for them to pay me x amount but around the same time the court order was produced the company changed their name and are now training under a different name than on the court order how do I go about this ? Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Was it a Ltd Co you had the Judgment against?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Local car dealership

Yes but is it a Ltd Co you issued against?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hj motors ltd

And its changed to?
How much was Judgment?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
163;2060 and Plymouth trade centre ltd
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was also left with a debt which the finance company are willing to wait for if I also claim that outstanding amount from them to as they see it as the dealers fault
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Both the company’s are ltd company’s
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is their anything I can do about this ?

And they are same directors, same cars etc?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have been known to do this before

Ok, then bring a new claim against the new Company.

You need to say that this is a Pheonix Company with common Directors etc and that they only have done this to avoid paying creditors.

So start a new claim and exhibit the evidence for the other claim.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help is their anyway I can prove they are the same company with a new name or will that be accounted for when I put in a claim from court ? Thanks

When you put the claim in.

But look at Companies House, the information is held publically.

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much 5stars