Alec Hancock
Alec Hancock,
Experience:  Consultant Chartered Legal Executive at Self Employed
104597763

My case is more thanproceedings have been started as safety

my case is more than*****proceedings have been started as safety measures. i am still taking physio and psychiatric sessions. i just want to know what is the original value for my personal injury claim. i have attached my medical reports. please reply as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have attached my medical reports as well.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your request. I am unsure what you mean by original value as you had to obtain further medical evidence in order to value your claim. To be perfectly honest this is not question you should be asking because valuing a claim for personal injury is not straight forward. I can see that your report has been prepared by Esure. Is that your insurer or the third party? If its the third party, are you acting for yourself? If you are then I strongly recommend you instruct a personal injury lawyer who can act for you on a no win, no fee basis because you should not attempt to deal with the third party yourself.

The reason the question you ask is not so straight forward is because the MRI shows degeneration of the l5-s1 disc. Mr Tabraiz's report is not clear whether he believe the degeneration was accelerated by the accident, exacerbated or completely unrelated. It may not be the case that the Court will read this report and assume all symptoms caused by the L5-S1 disc are related to the accident. This question needs to be put to the expert before a value could be determined.

With regard to the general *potential* value of the claim, the bruising to face and discomfort to the legs resolved within 2 months. You do not simply add up the values because a Court would usually apply a discount to account for the fact that one area of injury would be more noticeable than the other. An injury that takes more than 28 days to recover but less than three months would attract awards (individually) between £1,200 to £2,150

The Psychological symptoms could attract an award between above £1350 but unlikely to exceed £5,130 given the duration and is very be in the lower regions of the bracket (not more than £2,000 perhaps) . Again, overlap discount would apply.

I also have no idea how much the physiotherapy and CBT sessions are, whether the third party are paying for this directly or whether these amounts need to be included in the total value.

I suspect that if you had to pick a figure as it stands, based on the medical evidence as it stands, I would say without considering the cost of treatment that it would be in the region of £4,000-£5,000 but this is purely speculative because without asking further questions to the expert (and completing the treatment to determine if you have recover in line with the prognosis).

As above I do hope you have legal representation because they should be assisting you with this and if you don, seek assistance ASAP because your medical evidence is not finalised.

Kind regards,