Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A company called ‘safety aware’ Assistant: Where is this? It

A company called ‘safety aware’
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: they’ve said I agreed a advertisement thing with them back in October which was for £470 appreantly which I never agreed on ?
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They’ve said they have emailed me a few times regarding the payment but never had nothing and then today I finally get a email today saying final warning for payment?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Estimated time wait has been 8 minutes for the last half hour.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Is anything in writing to say you have agreed ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No there’s nothing in writing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Only received 1 email
Today which is the first one
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1

Ok. Then ignore it. There is no contract.

If it went to court they would have to prove it.

They can’t. Nothing is in writing. It’s a scam.

Do not pay.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah that’s what I thoughtThey reakon they have got a phone recording of me agreeing to this ? When they rang me I said I didn’t know
Anything about it ? They said they could dismiss this for a fee of £250 something just to cover printing costs . I said play the recording . They said if they play the recording I would have to pay the full £470 but I’m 100% sure I didn’t agree to this in October I literally just started up my company in October
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just don’t want this coming back on me and getting a bigger bill if it goes to a third party collector or ruins my credit rating ?

Of course. It won’t come back, they can’t do anything to your credit rating.

Does that clarify ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you

Great