How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35290
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Family law solicitor Assistant: Where is this? It matters

This answer was rated:

Family law solicitor
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My ex partner is claiming i am stopping him from seeing his children..i have been seen a letter by his solicitor and he has a MIAM cert. I have 7 days to respond.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Richard has a history of mental health and attemtped suicide. There are 3 boys 13, 11 and 2.5...13 and 11 year do not want to see him.

Let me see if I can help and please rate five stars for my time. You do not have to participate in the MIAM if you feel uncomfortable Equally you do not at this time discuss matters with him. He is perfectly free for the matter to go to court and for him to seek a child arrangement order - for that the court will aks Cafcass to investigate his mental health and also to hear what the children want before agreeing any contact.I have listed a great book which should really help you

Please rate five stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you able to look at the letter attached to advice on it

Yes. This really supports what I have already written n - you do not need to agree if you consider that there are safeguarding concerns. Please rate 5 stars -

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
unfortunately due to my ex partner not paying maintenance I am restricted to funding

Thats perfectly ok - but can you please rate 5 stars for my answer so far. Thanks

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you