ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Family law solicitor Assistant: Where is this? It matters

Family law solicitor
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My ex partner is claiming i am stopping him from seeing his children..i have been seen a letter by his solicitor and he has a MIAM cert. I have 7 days to respond.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Richard has a history of mental health and attemtped suicide. There are 3 boys 13, 11 and 2.5...13 and 11 year do not want to see him.

Let me see if I can help and please rate five stars for my time. You do not have to participate in the MIAM if you feel uncomfortable Equally you do not at this time discuss matters with him. He is perfectly free for the matter to go to court and for him to seek a child arrangement order - for that the court will aks Cafcass to investigate his mental health and also to hear what the children want before agreeing any contact.I have listed a great book which should really help you https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate five stars

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
are you able to look at the letter attached to advice on it

Yes. This really supports what I have already written n - you do not need to agree if you consider that there are safeguarding concerns. Please rate 5 stars -

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
unfortunately due to my ex partner not paying maintenance I am restricted to funding

Thats perfectly ok - but can you please rate 5 stars for my answer so far. Thanks