12826847

I have been accused of 'grooming' a former pupil at a school

Hello, I have been accused of 'grooming' a former pupil at a school I taught in and also of rape of the same pupil. This dates back to the late 1970's.
JA: Have rape charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I have voluntarily gone to the police station and given a statement - with legal aid in attendance...it has been recorded and logged. The police will now continue the investigation and get back to me - is there anything I can now do, to try to gather information, evidence to refute these accusations....no charges
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Sorry, I am being accused of this occuring over a number of years - the 'grooming', but have not been told when rape took place ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Loads ......but I am just wondering what the next steps will be for me !? Do I need to get legal aid or do I just sit and wait until I am contact by the police again ?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi......you will have seen the above query ? I have visited the Police station and given a statement - in the presence of a duty solicitor, regarding these accusations. I am assuming the police will continue their enquiries, in relation to my response, to try to check out any collation between the accuser and myself. I have been told they will get back in touch in a number of weeks.

Yes, I've seen your post but it doesn't really contain a question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am uncertain of what happens next , or more fundmentaly, what I need to do ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fundamentally...sorry

Thanks for the information

What happens next really depends on the facts of the allegation and the nature of your defence. One way or another they will take months to investigate. They might be getting CPS advice.

You do nothing. There are no courses of action that make this go away. The task of the defence is to respond to the Crown's allegation which isn't fully known yet.

Jo.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You already have ! Thank you. I have the 7 days offer - so if I do think of more, may I get back to you in this manner. Am much obliged. Steve

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/