How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35305
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My grandson living with me for the last 3 months now his mum

This answer was rated:

my grandson living with me for the last 3 months now his mum decided to say the child been abducted and take me to court what kind oh help I can have to apply for his full residence and custody
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: just received a letter from court and mediation documents to fill in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Northampton court on 26 of this month 10am I would like to have a solicitor with me and my son the baby dad

Let me see if I can help and please rate five stars for my time. You need to make a formal application to the court for the child to continue to live with you. You would apply to the court for a child arrangements order for the children to live with you. This is on all on a form C100.

I have also attached a link to a website where you can get yourself a direct access barrister who may be able to represent you at such a hearing.

I have listed a great book which should really help you

But I would make the application immediately.

Please rate five stars

ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you