How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11158
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any

This answer was rated:

Hello my name is*****: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I was arrested last Tuesday under suspicion of assault
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I have to come to the Magistrate Court in Oxford on the 28th
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The charge is assault by beating. They recorded sound from that of a security camera. Problem is I didn’t beat her at all

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you will wait patiently for you to answer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t want to plea quilty to this charge. I pulled her hair 2 weeks earlier to which I confessed. But it seems pleaying not quilty seems to make it worse if I read the internet??
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The sound recording is about her screaming hystrical
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I bend over her to grab a washing basket behind her which she didn’t want me to do. In the process she bit in my arm. In her statement she says as self defence

Ok. So you didn’t touch her or threaten violence ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Then you plead not guilty.

The police will have to show you threatened or did violence.

You did not, they have to prove it beyond doubt.

They can not.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you