31090051

I’m looking for some advice. I have a beauty salon and I

Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I have a beauty salon and I done a treatment on a client last summer and she has now come back to me last week saying she’s not happy with the treatment and now wants her money back if not she’s going to take legal action. Where do I stand with this please?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted her by telephone to say that there will be no refund issued as the cost she paid was to cover the products as I didn’t charge the full amount as I was still training on this treatment and the money was to cover the products only and she was advised that the treatment might not work due to previous treatments she already had by a previous beautician and the forms she signed stated this and she is now saying she didn’t sign any forms
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Iv also arranged for her to come in and see me this coming Wednesday

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Do you have the disclaimer forms she signed?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No as she asked for them after her treatment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you call me tomorrow after 6pm? Tonight’s not convenient for a call

I would tend not to respond to her demands although I’m having difficulty in understanding why she was given the disclaimer forms. However, if she was properly counselled and there is evidence of the previous treatments putting her at risk of the new treatments not working then you have sufficient evidence to resist the claim. It is for her to prove a claim against you and she doesn’t have any evidence to that effect. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She said she didn’t like her information being held I did find it a bit odd myself. Ok no problem thanks for your time