Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a problem with a trader selling on Amazon and I need

I have a problem with a trader selling on Amazon and I need to approach the trading standard and perhaps the policeWhat is the best way forward?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What exactly has happened? Please can you explain the reason for wanting to take this action so that I may advise.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a listing on amazon that I created and here is a link. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carat-Yellow-Ladies-Sleeper-Earrings/dp/B06XT34VQS/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=9ct+gold+hoops&qid=1554289913&s=gateway&sr=8-5
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In Amazon you can add your own offer to other's listings
so a seller added their offer but they ship metal instead of Gold...
I must stop them ASAP

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. First of all, you should approach Amazon over this as the easiest way is to remove the listings. You can do this on here:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G200444420?language=en_GB

If Amazon cannot help you then you can report the matter to Trading Standards. This is done via your local Citizens Advise Bureau. Search for that here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/

The police will probably not get involved to be honest so do not expect much help from them. This is more of a civil matter than a criminal one so let TS do their job and deal with it.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This seller does not supply their address so CAB will only deal when the trader is in their area. Is there a way to approach them by passing the CAB

you can try contacting them on 03454 04 05 06. Does this clarify?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben, this matter has been resolve after taking a number of actions. Can I pay you 50%of the £38?

Hi there as I don't deal with billing issues please contact customer services for this. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It appears that Amazon help the seller hide their contact details. How can I force Amazon to hand over the details? What law would require them to publish the details of the seller?

You cannot directly force Amazon to publish the seller's details. They will be protected under very strict data protection laws. The only way is through a court order but for that you need to approach a lawyer who knows exactly what to do and what applicaiton and arguments to raise in court

Experience: Qualified Solicitor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it not a legal requirement to publish the business details (imprint)?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

No. You can request a copy and if they refuse say you will get a Court order for them to disclose.

You would need to complete form N244:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n244-application-notice

A Court would list for hearing and decide whether to make them disclose it,

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!