Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am suspicious that I have been asked to pay money with the

I am suspicious that I have been asked to pay money with the promise that I shall receive a large sum from USA for the sale of shares in a company which has been sold. I have e mails, documents and names of people who have contacted me including escrow and United States Fair Trade Bureau. Before I pay any money, I would very much like to know whether this operation is fraudulent or not and do hope that you can help me. My e mail is***@******.*** and telephone number 0208(###) ###-#### I would prefer to talk to someone direct, not on line if that is possible. I am old!! Thak you. EM Whittaker (Miss)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in London and no, I have not talked to a solicitor. My bank suggested that I contact you. EMW
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None to verify the authenticity except you but I could contact my currency dealers. EMW
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you find the information I have given you so far enought? EMW

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I am not available to talk at present but if you provide the email addresses and names of the people that have contacted you, I will look into this for you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would really like to talk to you direct but people who have contacted me include Todd Baker of the United State Fair Trade Bureau in Washington USA, ***** ***** of heritage acquisition LLC, Thomas Mayer, Senior Regulator at US Fair Trade Bureau (usftb.) tel 012028034382. I hope this is enough information to get you satrted. The company in which I had shares and which has been sold is Clinical Computing Limited and my case file no. from United States Fair Trade Bureau is: 565637. EMW

Thank you. Ideally I would like to get the email addresses of these people or any websites you may have been given as part f this so I can check these?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please can you contact me as soon as possible on my home telephone number. I need a proper answer to my query of the other day and have all the necessary details, e mail, executives, companies, telephone number etc. but I would like to talk to you, please. Thank you.Yours E M Whittaker
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How long is 'a few minutes'?! EMW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
PLEASE can you telephone me. The minutes are ticking by! EMW

I did not accept your call request so am not the one calling you, my involvement is solely in writing so please provide the requested information before I can proceed thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The note I have on the screen is that a Solicitor has confirmed my phone call request and would call me in a few minutes!I was contacted in November by a ***** ***** at Heritage Acquistions in Boston but when I tried to use this number it did not work. tel: 0016179458141 He told me that I was due money because the company, Clinical Computing PLC in which I had shares, had been sold. e mail:***@******.***) My next contact was Colin Shaw, an Escrow official in Zurich - e mail:***@******.***. My 3rd contact with whom I also had long conversations, was Thomas Mayer, Senior Regulator of USFair Trade Bureau,*****NW 500 Washington DC 20005 e mail:***@******.*** tel:*********** I have also been contacted by Todd Baker , Senior Regulator at usftb tel:012028034382 who told me that the money is ready for my collection ($102.000) :***@******.***, (www.usftb.org). I was sent by him an e mail attaching the Account Overviews in relation to your shares in Clinical Computing PLC and a printed 'Payment Receipt Instruction on which I should record the name of the account I wish the money to be paid into. The reference is: EW192601AU and on headed paper United States Fair Trade Bureau. I have not as yet returned this document but could send you a copy of it together with e mails I have had from Don Hammersmith, Escrow Officer (*****@******.***), Bank of America Tower,***** Kowloon, Hong Kong 999077 tel: +85258089424. He also told me that I would have to pay his company's fees which would be put in a holding account until such time as I had received my money. The sum to pay amounted to $5,685 and this is when I became seriously suspicious as I had been told that I would receive the full $102,106.00. I have explanatory e mails from Don Hammersmith who is urging me to send the Payment Receipt Instruction form to the US Fair Trade Bureau. I would very much like to e mail you this Account Overview saying that the completion sum is being held under escrow with Transfer Servies pending clearance notification. 'Be advised that all content with the Stock Redemption Agreement still stands as thelegally binding contract between Elisabeth Maclean Whittaker, Transfer Services LLP and Heritage Acquistion (herein defined as the "Parties" . Payment Instructions, as defined by the Shareholder are to be paid only to the beneficiary identified via our secure registration form online and Stock Redemption Agreement and may not be subjected to any changes without prior written consent from all "parties". I, Elisabeth Maclean Whittaker do hereby accept and agree to remit the above due amount ($5,685.30) in relation to the services provided for my account."I do hope that this is enough information for you to be able to tell me as soon as possible please, whether I should send the Payment Receipt Instruction duly signed with details of the UK currency account in which it should be paid.I very much look forward to hearing from you tomorrow. It all looks so credible and legal and I do hope that I am not going to be disillusioned! Best wishes, Elisabeth Whittaker

I have now had the chance to look into this and can comment as follows:

Heritage Acquisitions

There is no such company registered in Boston, MA – I have checked the Secretary of State in MA and they do not appear on the company register there. Having checked their website heritageacquisitions.com, it is also down

Transfer Services

No company with these details and address registered in Pennsylvania, PA where hey claim to have an office. They are also not registered as a company in Switzerland.

USFTB

There is no such Department in the US. There is the Federal Trade Commission but no US Fair Trade Bureau. It is also a fake website not linked to the Government. Any government site there would have a website domain ending in .gov – this one ends in .org so it has nothing to do with the US Government.

This is al an elaborate scam. These are all fake companies/organisations, all under the control of the same individuals behind this scam. There is no money waiting for you and all they want is to create an impression that you will get something in return for making payments first. The scam is that you pay them based on these promises, but you are the one that end up losing the money you sent as you never get anything in return.