31090051

How much would it cost to get my title deeds changed to my

How much would it cost to get my title deeds changed to my name as my husband died and the mortgage was in his name , but I have paid mortgage off?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, haven’t done anything yet.
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Coatbridge, Scotland.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Thanks for your question. This is a 2 stage process. You need to get Confirmation to the estate either via the will or if there is no will by applying to the court to have yourself appointed executor. Confirmation is similar to the English term “probate”. That process as regards ***** ***** depend on the total value of the estate and what items of estate there are but realistically allow £1500 plus VAT plus court and other outlays. Once Confirmation is obtained the standard security in favour of the previous mortgage lender has to be discharged at the Land Register and a title registered in your name. Again costs can vary according to circumstances but this would cost typically about £750 plus VAT plus land registration fees. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.