Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
102609820

A practice manager in April 2014 increased her salary from

A practice manager in April 2014 increased her salary from 50K to 70K without any discussion with the GP partners in post .Unfortunately there is signed document which states this is to confirm that from 01.04.14 your new salary will be 70 k .I have signed this to say I acknowledge the receipt of this amendment . The titel of this 1 sheet --states AMENDMENT TO STATEMENT OF MAIN TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT .
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: We have just become aware of her increased salary for now 5 years .In effect she has been overpaid 100 k over these 5 years. There is only 1 manager I have found out in the midlands on a similar salary of 70k.The salary of 50 K WOULD have been much more than most managers earn furthermore .We wont to make this document null and void and consider seeking recompense .Can you advise .Dr Manish Singh
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees .We are basically a GP surgery with employed staff .The GP partners employ the staff
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats fine

I am sorry to learn of your situation.
I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 19 Years of experience in the UK.
Can you provide a little more information please:-

How did you come to sign the document that stated: " to confirm that from 01.04.14 your (her) new salary will be 70k"?

If you had signed this document how were you not aware of the Increase from April 2014?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi All we can think is that we signed the document amongst a whole set of documents when staff contracts where being updated before a CQC inspection .There was no discussion at all re the nature of this document .The practice manager has a very tight control of fiances so we never checked what she has been paid .We assumed that she was earning 50K /per year .It has always been difficult to question this as her husband was the senior partner in the practice as well with myself and one other colleague

Thank you for the clarification, This is a complicated matter, It may be easier for me to advise you over the telephone. I have sent you an Invite for a Live Call, please accept the same. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I accepted the live call .I dont want to click on this again in case I get charged twice .

Please be rest assured you will not be charged twice - I did not send you the personal invite until now.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok

Please enter your telephone number by clicking "SEND PRIVATE CONTACT INFO", next to where it states you have accepted an offer of a live discussion via phone Please then enter your contact number, so I may Call you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.