Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
102609820

I ve been overcharged from a garage when i ledt my van for

Hello, i ve been overcharged from a garage when i ledt my van for the mot
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Corby
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I didn't take any action yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have juat the email with them

I am sorry to learn of your situation.
I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 19 Years of experience in the UK.
Can you provide a little more information?

What is the Garage claiming for?

How much are they Claiming?

Where is the Van now?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I paid a invoice of 3500
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
After i received back the van i saw that they put on the invoice work they didn't done. I send them the photos. And i asked them photos before and after, the old parts that they changed and olso to put onnthe invoice what part's did they changed. What are they saying is that i can have this information for business consent
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I booked online servicing stop is the company
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Iand i spoke with them by phone. I wanted to cancel any work and they said that most of the work is done but i received the van after one week

Thank you for the clarification.

How much was the work they did worth?

Did they fix the problem with the van?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please type your reply above this line -##
Dear Aba GeorgeYour request (94133) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Christopher CS Agent (Servicing Stop)Apr 15, 08:50 BSTGood Morning,Thanks for your response.Once you have a confirmed date to have your vehicle inspected, please let us know so we can have this arranged.We have confirmed what has been changed in your van and that OE parts that are used. You had asked for the part and labour costs of which is business sensitive information that we are unable to provide. Your contract of booking is with ourselves and when creating a booking you agree to our terms of service, if you wanted the prices of parts and labour directly you would have been able to obtain these from the garage directly on the basis you did not service your vehicle with us.Due to the fact your contract is with us, you agreed to the prices of the additional work to have the works completed at the price that was given. We cannot provide any further information regarding labour and parts prices as they are already stated on your invoice to what you agreed with our adviser.We will wait for you to confirm a date to have your vehicle booked back in to have this matter resolved.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They damaged the side door. After 2 days of running with the van, the enfi e light has come on
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Brake light is on and of at every hump
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Soo i don't think it s done properly
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They asked to give them back the van.. But i don't trust them. Plus i need the van to go to work. I already have it off for one week. They don't provide courtesy van

Thank you for the clarification, It may be easier for me to advise you over the telephone now. I have sent you an Invite for a Live Call, please accept the same. Thanks.

It appears that you have lost complete confidence with the Garage and the services provided, which you confirm were substandard.

As discussed you need to write a Letter of complaint to the garage please amend accordingly. Please see:

www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-complain-about-the-poor-servicing-of-a-vehicle

You could take the car to a different garage, to get a second opinion and costing etc. It will depend on how much work the original garage has already done and whether or not your Van is in a safe condition to drive.

If you get the Van repaired at a new garage, you can try to claim compensation or go to Court for the cost of carrying out extra repairs. You might be able to work with a trade association to get a result (if the garage is a member).

You need to write to the Garage in the above terms and ask them to return the monies overcharged, failing which you will take them to the Small Claims Court. This letter is called a "Letter before Action" and the link is outlined above. You must, of course, prove your losses so keep evidence such as receipts and emails etc.

As your claim is worth less than £10,000, then it must be issued in the Small Claims.

To Issue at Court, you need to complete a Form N1 together with the appropriate Court Fee. The Court Fee would be based on the Value of the Claim.

There is nothing stopping you from Issuing the Claim yourself.

I also attach herewith a link that will assist you in issuing the claim should you wish to do this yourself:-

www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

As stated, you can issue the claim either in a paper and at your local court or you can do the claim online via MCOL, the attached link above will explain how it all works.

Finally, you may want to contact the Trading Standards for the poor service to Customers, you can do this via the www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

I wish you all the Best.