How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1974
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

We are currently fighting my husbands place of work

This answer was rated:

Hi We are currently fighting my husbands place of work regarding a breach of personal data regarding an illness. We have been through the grievance procedure and are in the middle of an appeal. Acas are also involved and we need to advise a settlement figure. Do we need to seek legal advice to do this? Not sure where to start with working it out thanks
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: We have had a grievance meeting with a manager & hr waiting for an appeal hearing. Not discussed with a lawyer yet
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee and unfortunately no
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of thanks

Hi, thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I would sificanttrongly suggest that yes you get a solicitor to assist you especially if the sum involved is significant. You would not know if you are agreeing to a fair and reasonable sum and a settlement figure I for example would be able to guide you on with the minimal information that you can practically give here. Please check your home insurance policy or any other insurance policies you may have because often people do not realise that they have benefit of lega; insurance expenses insurance which would provide for a solicitor to handle their legal disputes at no direct cost to them. I hope you find this useful. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

SolicitorRM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much for your advice I will get in touch with my house insurance tomorrow regarding the legal cover then will come back to you if I need any further help

You are very welcome. Ofcourse if you need any further guidance please feel free to send your follow on messages, I will be notified. Thank you for your rating