How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16659
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Is my criminal offences classed as spent after 35 years and

This answer was rated:

Is my criminal offences classed as spent after 35 years and do i need to tell my new employer for my data base check
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will it shaw up on my checks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What sentence did you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on remand for 6 weeks then went to young fenders home for two years

But what was the sentence? 2 years detention?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then it is spent after 5 years.

So you do not need to declare It.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you